Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Baby Talk

Four days running! Unfortunately, I can’t promise that I’ll be able to post at all this weekend, because we’re travelling out of state for my Granny’s memorial service. I didn’t get to go to the actual funeral, so it’s important that I go this time.

On a lighter note, I love my niece. She talks with the Sims people when my sister-in-law plays on the Wii. Apparently Sims talk is just modeled after one-year-old jabbering (jabbering… nice word. Makes me think of ‘Jabberwocky’). She just stands there and holds conversations with them in baby talk. I swear, this kid is going to be super chatty when she gets big. She can be a celebrity when she gets big and host a talk show; she already has the attitude for it. All day she’ll just ignore you, then you sit down and she comes and jumps on your legs until you’re properly tenderized and wiggles in between you and the arm of the chair.

Take the celebrity thing back. She can be a karate master. This child knows how to find pressure points by pure instinct.

Well, maybe she can be a celebrity karate person, like the karate kid. She’s even the right age for a name like that. All she needs now is baby nunchucks!

Her new favorite game is running down the hall and trying to sneak into my room when her mommy isn’t looking. She actually just tried it again. So far no dice. She’s good, but the little grasshoppah has much to learn. It also helps that I’m bigger and faster. Really, though, she’s awfully quick, too. I never believed the “I just turned my back for a SECOND!” line… then I met my niece. I still don’t believe the line, actually. It only takes a fourth of a second. Give my niece a WHOLE second and the house will be leveled.

No comments:

Post a Comment